With the Equipment Installment Plan (EIP), the device of your dreams is within reach!
EIP is a payment option available for new and existing qualified customers on selected rate plans. This plan allows you to purchase a new phone or device and pay for it over time with monthly payments.
EIP eligibility for phones and devices
Find out if you're eligible for EIP and what your down payment and monthly installments will be.
Note: We may require a down payment when you purchase a new device. If you want to make a larger down payment, you need to purchase your phone through T-Mobile Customer Service or at a T-Mobile retail store. After any required down payment, the remaining balance is divided into 24 installment payments on your monthly bill.
The EIP requires a 24-month financing agreement. Although this finance agreement is required, you can pay off all or part of your EIP balance at any time.
Things to keep in mind:
- The down payment amount doesn't appear on your bill. You can find this charge on your T-Mobile in-store receipt, or on your credit card statement.
- Prepaid plans and certain rate plans, account types, and business accounts aren't eligible for EIPs.
- Certain credit restrictions may apply.
- If the purchase price of the device exceeds the credit you’re offered, then your down payment will include the difference between the purchase price and the credit limit.
- If you have a current Extended Payment Schedule, you're not eligible for EIP until that is paid off.
- If you cancel your T-Mobile wireless service before paying off your EIP balance, the remaining balance of your EIP becomes due on cancellation.
EIP for accessories
Besides using the EIP program for purchasing a mobile device, you can also use it to purchase accessories, as long as you have met the minimum total purchase price of $69.99.
- Purchases made through our online store may be eligible for EIPs when you check out with at least $69.99 in accessories AND a new line of service.
We might require a down payment for certain EIP accessory purchases, such as a total accessory purchase of more than $250 (after discount, per line, per transaction).
e-Sign your EIP agreement
Electronic Signature (e-Signature) is the legal equivalent of a written signature. When you purchase a device on EIP, your order isn’t complete until you e-Sign your EIP agreement. If you placed your order through T-Mobile.com or My T-Mobile, you are required to sign electronically at the time of purchase.
The e-Signature Authorization is sent to the email address you provided for "t-mobile-sign-your-eip." If you don’t receive the email, check your spam folder. If 24 hours have passed and you've still not received the e-Signature Authorization email, contact us. Your order will be canceled if you don’t e-Sign your agreement within 48 hours.
If you order a new device with EIP through 1-800-T-MOBILE, T-Mobile.com, or My.T-Mobile, and have one of the following mobile devices, you can review and approve the handset agreement in English from your device:
You can make an EIP payment or see your EIP balance several ways:
From your mobile device with the T-Mobile app
- Open the app. If you don't have it, download it now.
- Select Billing & Payments.
- Select Pay or View Device Balance.
- In Active Equipment Installment Plans (EIP), you can view your EIP balance.
- Select MAKE A PAYMENT and follow the onscreen steps to pay part or all of the balance. T-Mobile sends an email receipt confirming your payment.
From your computer
Note: Your extra payments don't reduce your monthly installment; instead, they reduce the number of installments left to pay.
Cancel or return an EIP purchase
Cancel an EIP purchase
- If you don't want to proceed with an EIP order, and you haven't submitted your e-Signature Authorization, no action is needed. When the authorization expires, the order is automatically canceled, and you'll receive an email confirming that your order was canceled.
- If you've already submitted your e-Signature Authorization, your order is being processed. You can contact T-Mobile Customer Service at 1-800-897-9337 to cancel your pending order up until the point it has successfully shipped.
- If you receive an unwanted order, refuse the delivery.
- If you’ve already taken delivery of the new device, contact us at 1-800-937-8997 for information on return shipping.
Return an EIP purchase
You can return items purchased on the EIP following T-Mobile’s Return Policy.