|San Jose, California (main office)|
USB Flash Drive
Solid State Drive
Lexar is an American manufacturer of digital media products based in San Jose, California. Products manufactured by Lexar include SD cards, CompactFlash cards, USB flash drives, card readers and Solid State Drives. Once a division of Cirrus Logic, Lexar leveraged its parent company's experience in building ATA controllers in developing its own flash controllers. Lexar was spun off from Cirrus Logic in 1996. Lexar was created by Petro Estakhri and Mike Assar.
In 2005, Lexar was awarded $380 million in a lawsuit against Toshiba who copied Lexar's flash memory technology. Lexar was acquired by Micron Technology in 2006, and subsequently merged with Crucial Technology under the name Lexar Media, a subsidiary of Micron. In September 2007, Lexar extended its agreement with Eastman Kodak Company to develop and market Kodak-branded flash memory products worldwide.
The Lexar JumpDrive trademark was often used synonymously with the term USB flash drives when the technology was first adopted.
On June 26th, 2017, Micron, the parent company of Lexar, announced it will be discontinuing the Lexar retail removable media storage business and part or all of the business is for sale.
On August 31, 2017, the Lexar branding and trademark rights were acquired by Longsys, a Shenzen, China-based flash memory company.
- ^ "Lexar Adds Xploder® Lite Software To Its Gaming Edition Memory Cards". Lexar Media, Inc. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- ^ "Lexar Media Holds The Right Cards". Forbes.com LLC. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- ^ "Lexar Awarded $380 Million in Damages". Photo 360 Limited. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- ^ "Lexar wins patent suit against Toshiba". Silicon Valley Business Journal. March 23, 2005. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- ^ "Kodak and Lexar Announce New Extended Five-Year Agreement". Business Wire. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- ^ Hawkins, Jay (26 June 2017). "Micron Technology, Inc. - Micron Discontinuing Lexar Removable Storage Retail Business". www.micron.com. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- ^ "Longsys Acquires Lexar Brand, a Leading Brand for High-Performance Removable Storage Solutions". www.longsys.com. 31 August 2017. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lexar.|