2G bands 850 / 900 / 1800 / 19003G bands 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
|Samsung Galaxy Mega|
|163.6 mm × 84.9 mm × 8.6 mm (6.44 in × 3.34 in × 0.34 in)|
|Android 4.4.4 KitKat with Touchwiz UI (Upgradeable to Android 5.0 Lollipop)|
Exynos 4415 (SM-G750F) Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 (SM-G7508) Exynos 4415 (SM-G7508Q)Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 (SM-G750H)
Quad-core 1.5 GHz (SM-G750F) Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 (SM-G7508) Quad-core 1.5 GHz (SM-G7508Q)Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 (SM-G750H)
Mali-400 (SM-G750F) Adreno 306 (SM-G7508) Mali-400 (SM-G7508Q)Adreno 306 (SM-G750H)
|1.5 GB RAM|
|microSDXC (up to 128 GB)|
|Li-ion 2,800 mAh|
|6.0 in (150 mm) 720p HD Super Clear LCD, 245 ppi|
|8-megapixel rear-facing camera|
|2.1-megapixel front-facing camera|
|Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/, WiFi Direct, BT 4.0 (BLE), USB 2.0 H/S GPS＋GLONASS|
|Available in White, Black|
|Head: 0.207 W/Kg 1 g
Body: 0.370 W/kg 1 g
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 is an Android smartphone/tablet computer hybrid ("phablet" or "tablet phone") manufactured by Samsung and is the successor to the Samsung Galaxy Mega. It was released in September 2014. It has a 720*1280 screen, a Quad Core 1.7 GHz processor and an 8-megapixel camera. The phone runs Android 4.4.4 "KitKat" software, and internal storage is 8 or 16 GB (usable 5.34 or 12 GB). The Galaxy Mega 2 is expected to receive the Android 5.0 "Lollipop" update.
- Multi-window – Split screen capability
- Home Screen is available in landscape mode
- S Voice – Personal assistant and knowledge navigator.
- Smart Stay – Uses the front-facing camera to track your eyes, and only powers off the display if you're not looking.
- Smart dual SIM (SM-G75008Q)(SM-G750H)
The Galaxy Mega largely resembles the Galaxy S5, and the two share similar features. Users can customize the lock screen and quickly access settings from the drop-down notification bar. It includes Multi Window, which allows users to use multiple apps on the same screen, a feature that is enhanced with the phone's 6.0-inch LCD (720 x 1280) display.
The rear-facing 8-megapixel camera comes with numerous shooting modes such as HDR (Rich Tone), Continuous Shot, Sports, Beauty Face, Shot & More, Vitual Tour, Sound & Shot, Night Mode and Panorama. Users can store additional music, photos and videos with up to 64 GB of expendable storage with an external microSD card. A 2,800mAh removable battery should allow the phone to run throughout the day on a single charge. The Galaxy Mega is powered by a Quad Core processor with 1.5GB of VRAM.
The Galaxy Mega 2 measures 6.6 x 3.46 x 0.31 inches and it weighs at 7.1 ounces. The design resembles an enlarged Samsung Galaxy S5.
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 runs Android KitKat OS 4.4.4 skinned with Samsung's TouchWiz interface. Samsung's Multi-window Mode is front and center on the device. Similar to other Galaxy phones, the lock screen can be customized with widgets and shortcuts. Seven customizable home screens are available to the user. 11 quick settings buttons in the notification drawer enable users to toggle features including Wi-Fi connectivity, Sound Mode, Ultra Power Saving and Power Saving. These buttons can be rearranged by clicking on a tile button in the top right corner of the notification drawer.
- SM-G750F - 6.0-inch screen, 1.5 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, 16 GB built-in storage - LTE support - no dual SIM support
- SM-G7508 - 6.0-inch screen, 1.2 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, 16 GB built-in storage - LTE support - no dual SIM support
- SM-G7508Q - 6.0-inch screen, 1.2 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, 8 GB built-in storage - LTE support - dual SIM support
- SM-G750H - 6.0-inch screen, 1.2 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, 8 GB built-in storage - no LTE support - dual SIM support
- SM-G750A - 6.0-inch screen, 1.5 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, 16 GB built-in storage - LTE support - no dual SIM support
- ^ "Samsung" (in Korean). Samsung. Retrieved 2016-01-21.
- ^ "Samsung launches the Galaxy Mega 2 in India". GSMArena. 2014-10-24. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- ^ Wong, Raymond (2014-12-25). "Samsung Galaxy Mega 2: Big smartphones have never been so boring". Mashable. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- ^ "Samsung working on Android 5.0 and 5.1 for Galaxy S6, Grand Prime, and more". SamMobile. Retrieved 2016-01-21.